We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide on a hotel !

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
760 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Cant decide on a hotel !

I have just booked flights to Paphos we leave on Monday for a week we have never visited before and need to find a hotel ( yes I know leaving it a bit till the 11th hour) I have been told its quite expensive to eat out so thought we would look at half board , don't fancy all inclusive as we like to go out and about

Would appreciate any hotel recommendations

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
stockie
Level Contributor
851 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

Bite the bullet and go self catering , it really does have to be that expensive to eat out. Adelaide, Viva Cyprus charge 25 euro for a 3 course meal and bottle of wine for 2 which is very drinkable. Les Amis is 15 euro again for 3 courses. There are also pub type bars where you can get a great kebab, fish and chips for cheaper.

On the front you can get a pint for as little as 1.50 euro but most bars are between 2.50-280.Memories cocktail bar have half price cocktails between 5-7pm, they are good quality made with international spirits, we paid 8.50 euro for 3 cocktails every night and they were big.

Have you thought about looking at a private rental, look at holiday letting, owners direct a far better quality apartment than you would get in an aparthotel.

If like you say you like to get out and about you would probably eat out at least once if you went half board, but factor in you can have you own beers fresh bread meat and rolls for the fridge at a fraction cutting cost again. You are also free to do what you want when you want. The place I stay has a washing machine so came home with no dirty washing big bonus in this weather.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Gail

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

I wouldn't recommend an apartment at this time of year because the evenings/nights are very cold and you'll be much cosier in a hotel. I would agree with reply 1 and only book B&B - there are so many good restaurants to enjoy and not expensive.

Cyprus is not busy at this time of year and you need to stay somewhere central so you have bars, cafes, restaurants and shops open nearby. Proximity to the harbour is a good indication of location. Within 20-30 minutes walk away should place you in a good spot. Some hotels close for the winter so you need to find 3-4 that you like the look of.

When you have got a short list of accommodation come back and we can give you more feedback.

Trisha

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

Hey Lovinmambo.

Nice to see you on here too.

Definitely not expensive to eat out and drink too. Lots of lovely tavernas and bars.

What sort of budget do you have for an hotel ?

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

Hi, I agree find yourself a cosy hotel and go b&b , I would not bother with a private rental if you use sites like

owners direct/holiday lettings you would have to get the payment for the rental to the owner, then they send the keys for the property to you , it will be cutting it fine if you leave on Monday.

But I agree with the first poster you can get some fab apartments on private rental sites and cheaper than tourists apartment they are also of a much higher standard.Julie

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

Capital coast on tomb of the king s road is great beautiful setting with the pool looking out onto the sea

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,082 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

The area around Capital Coast is very ugly at the moment due to roadworks, and many of the nearest tavernas have (temporarily?) closed for the same reason. Somewhere more central would be much better.

Trisha

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

I'm with Trisha and Barkinmad.

Self-catering and private rentals in Cyprus are definitely things for the warm weather. But if you do go for it make sure that heating is included in the rental.

These fit your date criteria, and you can pick what board suits you...

travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/…

If you're a Man Utd supporter then I recommend The Roman Hotel!

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

hopefully the road works will be gone in july

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

Which July is that? This is Cyprus, slowly slowly [siga siga}!

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cant decide on a hotel !

See what Olympic Holidays have on offer (Hotel only) - I find them good on deals.