We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos Nightlife May 2014

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Me and my girlfriend are staying at Avanti Holiday Village in Paphos. Neither of us have been before. Both in our late 20's and wondering what the night life is like. Have heared Bar Street may be a bit run down so maybe Paphos Harbour is a better option. Please can someone advise and also is our Hotel in a good location.

Much appreciated

Steve

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
61 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Hey Steve

Firstly, you've made a nice accommodation choice! Avanti Village is just off the seafront in a nice area of modern hotels such as Amphora and the Athena Royal. The Harbour Area is vibrant and there are plenty of nice bars and clubs around there. It's also a great place to eat! Perhaps check this link out - http://www.paphos.com/v/nightlife/

Hope this helps!

James

Edited: 30 January 2014, 12:55
Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Hi, the location of the Avanti village is brilliant, with some great restaurants nearby and just a bit further away towards the Aloe hotel so you will be spoilt for choice. There is also a small beach nearby and a lovely coastal path that you can walk along towards the harbour. Hope you have a great holiday and enjoy researching some of the great restaurants nearby. Barbara

Newcastle, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Hi,

my self and my partner are also going to paphos in a few weeks time but after reading all of the reviews on the nightlife i am now worried i have made the wrong choice....

people have said bars are run down, or closed down, there is a lot of trouble, and a lot of strange/dodgy people hang around all makes me think where on earth have i booked to come on holiday.

is it as bad and as awful as reviews have made out? or would i be best of re booking to another resort?

we like somewhere nice through the day, and some where for nice food on anight time and then some lively bars on a night out worried this is not going to be an option here please help!

Thanks

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

the place is fine and stunning we went first time in october and are going again next month ! can 't wait pm me for some good bars ! u will love it

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

There is plenty of nightlife... No so much in the forum of clubs... But we hang out where the locals do now and we have a great night..

MUSE. The bar that used to be the SEAGULL is pretty full of young locals.. Great night there

Paphos, Cyprus
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Depends what you want, bar street is tired and limited but its has its loud music and cheap booze, the harbour is literally next to it and is more sedate, I would recommend the deck and mare mare for class and good service.

Newcastle, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Thank you for your help :-) put my mind at rest and can look forward to my holiday again, puts you off when people are so negative about a place.

we go June so hopefully weather will be nice and we will have a great time.

the bars we go for have modern up to date music on GOOD atmosphere

thanks

stockie
Level Contributor
790 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

You will have no problem finding what you want there is lots of choice of places to eat and drink.

The weather will be great and if you like good branded cocktails head down to Memories it really is a class place for a pre dinner drink and relax before you head out.

I am also there in June this will be my 4th time in Paphos and don't usually do repeat holidays but I can't think of another place I would rather be.

Hope you love it too.

Newcastle, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Thank you i really hope so might see you there!

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Paphos Nightlife May 2014

Hi Ashley, we will also be in Paphos from Thursday 19th of June. I have been many many times and have not seen anything dodgy, well apart from me and my mate after a few to many keos:)There are plenty of lively bars apart from the few on bar street. Any more questions feel free to ask!

Cheers

Ian.

Get answers to your questions about Paphos