We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

information

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
information

hi,

Visiting in august and for this time of year in terms of eating out would paphos town centre or coral bay offer most for restaurants ect? Also the resort we will be based in is in peyia and does any one have any information from there own experiences of peyia and what their is there?

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: information

Paphos has more choice for eating and drinking than Coral Bay at any time of year.

Peyia is a sprawling village set up a hill from the coast. You really need a car if staying there.

Trisha

Hawick, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: information

Karay you will enjoy the sprawling village of Peyia it's a lovely place, there are a few pubs / restaurants in the village that serve good food, I recommend the Meze at the Peyia tavern delicious, the Greek night at Savas grill is good too, the Grand serves nice pasta dishes and burgers !! ( just behind the Jail pub ), Cousins for a mix grill, the Vrisi is a good bar sports on and the food is also good there, the Jail pub for a few beers and a game of pool, the take away next to the Vrisi does excellent kebabs, down the bottom of the village there is the brewery pub / grill and a bar that has a swimming pool, there you have my run down of Peyia.

Coral Bay is only a 5 min drive away and worth a visit as it has loads of restaurants and bars, I recommend the Japanese food great, the Italian is also good, it has a lovely beach area but if you drive out of coral bay a little to where the buses turn there is a cracking wee beach there which was not as crowded.

Paphos is only a 15 min drive away and again has lots of restaurants and one I recommend is the Lodge, it's an African themed place and the spare ribs or steaks are to die for.

Do take a little trip along to the sea caves and visit Oniro by the sea for a snackish type tea and watch the sunset it is amazing

Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: information

I agree with all of the above.. Peyia tavern is great for a meze and we had a great time at the Greek night at Savvas grill.

If you have a car take a drive up to kathikas as they have a handful of tavernas up there with very authentic and delicious food at very reasonable prices

4. Re: information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:26
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations