We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
weather

I was just wondering what the weather is doing at the mo in Paphos as i'm going in 2 weeks and seen so many different weather forcasts.Many Thanks.

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

We had light rain yesterday in Larnaca and an all day sunshine today. Temperatures around 22-25deg. It is getting warmer so in 2 weeks time it should be sunbathing/ swimming weather.

Enjoy

UK
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Here's some links to the weather statistics for Paphos and some of the other destinations you've asked about in the past.

There's not much to choose between them in May. Protaras and Ayia Napa are the hottest with the least rainfall, Paphos is close behind followed by the Spanish islands.

Generally speaking May is like a very good British summer, not too hot and not too humid although you may get the occasional shower which usually passes quickly.

Take plenty of sun cream for your children (it's cheaper here than in Cyprus), it's very easy to get sun burnt and also take some mosquito repellent and Anthisan cream to stop the itching just in case you get bitten.

www.holiday-weather.com/paphos/averages/

www.holiday-weather.com/tenerife/averages/

www.holiday-weather.com/lanzarote/averages/

www.holiday-weather.com/majorca/averages/

www.holiday-weather.com/ayia_napa/averages/

www.holiday-weather.com/protaras/averages/

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

There was some rain on Saturday but it cleared up in the afternoon. Yesterday was hot and sunny all day, in the low twenties temperature wise. It should start getting hotter from now on...I usually use the BBC weather report for Paphos and seems to be quite accurate.

Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

Thank you very much for all your comments,they were much appreciated.

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Hello,

I am travelling out on the 4th May for 10 days. Its our first time in Cyprus and I'm not sure what to pack.

Do I need a light jacket/cardigan for the evenings?

I was going to pack dresses/shorts but if it could get a bit chilly in the evenings I wondered whether to pack jeans etc.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Polis, Cyprus
Level Contributor
178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

Maybe a light jacket or cardigan for the evenings, and shorts or perhaps light trousers will be fine.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
425 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather

We are also going on 4th May from Manchester. Which flight are you on and where are you staying.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather

HiLucylou I'm going on the 7 th May from Luton and staying in Avanti Village.Where are you staying?

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
425 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather

We are staying in Louis Phaethon for the first time. We always stay at Athena Beach but couldn't get in this year.

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather

Hi Lucy

We are flying with Easyjet at around 7am. Staying at Riverside apartments in Coral Bay for 10 nights x