We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation

Hi,

Ive been looking at paphos to go to in september ive checked out reviews for hotels numours times but still not sure!

We have a budget of about £1400 between us and i would like to just go bb but wouldnt mind hb if we could get it for that price were looking at going 2nd week in september? Would like a 4star

Any advice would be great!

london
Level Contributor
155 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation

Hi

We have visited Paphos very many times and stayed at numerous hotels .I must say that in general we find the standard of the hotels in Cyprus to be very high . You just need to read the reviews on the hotels to see that there are very many satisfied customers who fall in love with the island.Really it all depends what sort of holiday you want but as a first timer I think the area around the main strip in Kato Paphos would suit you.The hotels along there all get good reviews but our personal favourite is the Athena Beach and we have stayed there 5 times.The gardens and pool area are lovely,no problems finding sunbeds, and there is a nice walk all alongside the sea to the harbour as well as a bus service that stops outside.Try to get a seaview room if money allows as it's so lovely to wake up to the sound of the sea.We also liked the Alexandra the Great but that is usually quite expensive and the pool area is smaller although your sunbeds are allocated to you on arrival for the length of your stay.

The best hotel of all that we have ever stayed in is the Elysium but it is not unfortunately in the best area being the other side of the harbour near Tombs of the Kings which is now quite a scruffy area we feel altough I believe some road works there may improve it in time.This hotel is fabulous with food and service to match but it comes at a price.Unfortunately early September is peak time for Cyprus and so prices reflect this but we have visited well into October and still had wonderful weather.

I don't know if you are the type to go out and about but please try to see the real Cyprus away from the tourist areas .We had a friend who lived there and he showed us some of the places he used to go to eat out in the hills above Cyprus and further towards the Akamas.You will fall in love with the place as we have.Any questions please feel free to ask.

Leeds, west...
Level Contributor
195 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation

May I suggest The Alexander the Great Beach Hotel ? My wife and I have been holidaying there for some years and have enjoyed every stay. The hotel has received extremely good reviews through Trip Advisor with one main "plus " point being the sun bed allocation system which works well - no having to get up at 6am to book your sun beds.

As your budget is limited, you may like to consider staying there on a B and B basis, as the hotel is a short walk from the many restaraunts around the harbour area.

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation

Is the alexander the great near the night life etc?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation

Yes the Alexander the Great is in a great position for everything. I would also say that this is a very good four star hotel.

Leeds, west...
Level Contributor
195 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation

The coastal pathway which goes right by the hotel, takes you round

to the harbour area with bars, restaurants etc in about 5 - 10 minutes

walk.

It may take a little longer coming back, dependant on how much you

have had to drink !

Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation

Is there any hotels within the area of the Alexander the great thats maybe a little cheaper as its coming in at £2,000!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation

A very nice Hotel close to the Harbor and the night life is also Aliathon Holiday Village.You can check the prices for the hotel in the web and as it is not at the peak of the season the dates you are looking for i think it may be close to your budget.I have been twice with my family and we had a lovely time and we were quite happy with the hotel facilities.I suggest you to check all the hotels of the area close to the harbor as they are too many and see prices and facilities. I am sure you are going to fine the right one and Paphos is an amazing place to visit.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation

I would recommend the Avanti Hotel, just down the road from Alex the Great hotel., and close to a great selection of restaurants/ bars.

S Wales
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendation

Also recommend the Avanti Hotel.

Opposite the Triangle Area where there are plenty of bars and restaurants and still just a stroll to the harbour.

Stayed there B and B.

Im sure its cheaper than Alexander the Great.

First time im ever going back to the same place. Booked direct with the hotel for August.

Check the reviews.

luton
Level Contributor
183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendation

I would like to suggest the Ledra just got back and had a fantastic time ,think it should be slightly cheaper in price but not in standards .

Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations