We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private birthday lunch

London
9 posts
Save Topic
Private birthday lunch

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help me. We are coming to Cyprus to take a holiday and celebrate our son's first birthday. I was wondering if you could help me in making some arrangements for celebrating his birthday or direct me to some contacts who can help us.

It will be a private celebration for just the three of us and will be a simple affair lasting an hour or two so we do not want big event planners who charge a lot of money.

My son's birthday is on 23rd May. We would like a small marque either on the beach or somewhere outdoor that has nice views of garden or beach. We need two chairs, table and one high chair. We would like to order a custom made cake to mark his first birthday. Some balloons & bubbles to add atmosphere and my little boy loves balloons and lunch which can be either picnic lunch with some drinks or a meal. We would also like to hire a photographer and either a musician or puppeteer or someone who can do a small show to entertain my son but i can understand if its tricky to do this. We do not want magician coz he is too young to enjoy that. Also one big balloon or piñata which bursts with confetti when he cuts the cake. I am happy to receive any suggestions on who can help with making these arrangements by the beach or if a restaurant could set a special table for us with balloons and cake. Many thanks for your help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,465 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private birthday lunch

For a one year old (?)

I doubt you'd get anyone to organise a party in a marquee for 3 people.

You haven't said which hotel you are at but I'd try there first and perhaps just ask for a cake at your table - will your son be able to eat much of it ?

I'm sure the hotel could arrange a photographer and perhaps a musician and/or a puppeteer but again, they will be used to larger parties or older children and the cost for a party of 3 may be prohibitive.

Let's hope he stays awake for all the excitement and your party lasts longer than 20 minutes.

2. Re: Private birthday lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16