We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalos beach village

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Kefalos beach village

First things first, booked with Thomson 5 days ago, made the stupid mistake of price checking today and price has dropped by £200 :-( , not much I can do about it I guess. Anyway, wondering where nearest cheap supermarket is for food & drink to this hotel and does it provide a kettle & safe? Any info would be great, thanks!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefalos beach village

Hi Nellie, I feel for you when that happens, you shouldn't have looked, but it could have gone the other way and gone up by £200 . But The Kefalos is one of our favourite places to stay in Paphos and I am sure you will have a wonderful time. All the studios and apts. have full kitchen equipment with kettles etc and last year we even had a coffee percolator, which we didn't use as we had bought instant with us. Also there is a safe but can't remember how much it was.

Now you can either go up to the Tomb of the Kings road and walk left to Liddles ( about 15 minute walk, you could always bus it back if you have a lot of shopping ) or walk to the harbour area and go to the big supermarket opposite Debenhams, just near to the bus station. We use that a lot.

Are you going B/B or H/B. We have done both and the food in the evening is very good. When are you going? Anymore questions just ask. Barbara

Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefalos beach village

Great info Barbara, thanks. We go beg. July on H/B. What are the drinks prices like at the hotel bar and are they ok about taking your own food/drink to the sun beds? How big is Paphos and what would you recommend we do there? Thank you!!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefalos beach village

Hi Nellie, we usually eat our lunch in our studio not by the sun beds as we used the ones on the grassy area and we weren't that far away, so would nip back for a drink and a sandwich. But we have taken our own drinks on the grassy area and I have seen people bring cups of tea to their sun beds, so no bother there.

Paphos is very spread and we love going to the Coral bay area by bus which takes you along the coastal road so you can see lots of hotels there. We always stay on the bus to the terminus and get off there and go to that beach which is called Coriallia beach ( can never spell it ). It is nicer than the main Coral beach IMO. If you do this you could buy a 5 euro day ticket and when you get back to the Kefalos after your evening meal you could then take the bus to the harbour and have a walk around, it is very nice in that area. If you just go to the beach area and no where else the bus is 1.50 euro one way.

A lot of people go up to the old town especially for the market but we don't. I am afraid we either stay at the hotel or go to Coriallia beach. We do like walking to the harbour either in the morning to do a bit of shopping at the big supermarket or early evening and we like the coastal path for this.

We have hired a car before now and gone to the Troudos mountains which is well worth a visit but we do now tend to chill out. I am sure you will love the Kefalos, so have a great time and let us all know how you get on Barbara

4. Re: Kefalos beach village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17