We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprotel Cypria Maris

Kent
Level Contributor
60 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprotel Cypria Maris

Can anyone help with this, please.

We're considering this hotel for mid August. We're a couple who want an adults only hotel.

The problem we have is that it's billed as adults only 'in summer' but we've just seen reviews about a family holiday. Can anyone advise as to when 'summer' begins at this hotel and there are no ankle biters around (we're parents but enjoy being child free on hols).

Also, can anyone help with the fact that we've found this hotel on the Thomson site but not in its brochure and that it's in the Thomas Cook brochure but only going from Manchester and not Gatwick?

Many thanks!

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprotel Cypria Maris

I stayed here last May, and obviously no children then. I'm not sure what they mean by 'Summer', but certainly August is Summer! We had a nice week, and although there were no children, there were a couple of large parties of adults that arrived in the middle of our week, and spoilt the peace and quiet (and were also very rude pushing in at the pool bar). They were obviously drinking more than anyone else, and of course got louder and louder and spoilt it for other people. I would rather have seen children there, to be honest. Food was fine. We had one of the 'bungalow' rooms in the hotel gardens. Really nice setting, but tatty furniture with drawers falling out. They really needed modernising and I'd be pushed to rate them any more than three star. Disadvantage of the nice setting was loads of ants! I can't comment on the rooms inside the main hotel. It's not a bad hotel, but I have stayed in other adult only hotels which have been very nice - but you pay for it. I think, in a nutshell, you pay for what you get. I can't help with your question about Tour Operators, as we went with Jet2. Hope this helps.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 22:00
Kent
Level Contributor
60 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprotel Cypria Maris

Hi hornplayer

Thanks for the prompt reply and info.

I agree, the rating of hotels sometimes seems ad hoc and I've reviewed on this before now. You'd think that one 4* would be much like another, particularly in Europe but...

As to some other groups, yes I'm afraid particular 'special' (as in I don't have to wait or pay attention to anyone else and I'M ON HOLIDAY) individuals are a pain. Shall we all form another special group..?

Thanks again!

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprotel Cypria Maris

You're welcome. Know what you mean about the four stars being the same across Europe, but they're not! The price difference between one 'four star' and another probably tells the story. The four star hotels I would choose in Cyprus have now become far too expensive. I'm afraid I'll have to decline your offer of forming another group - nothing could entice me to Cyprus in August - It's far too hot!!! Lots of other places to try.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 19:37
Kent
Level Contributor
60 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprotel Cypria Maris

Hi

My offer of a group was to be 'special' - as in the rules don't apply! I'm too old to do meh or Lol!

We have to go in Aug due to work (guess!) but if we didn't...

5. Re: Cyprotel Cypria Maris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations