We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5* Hotels - Paphos?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
5* Hotels - Paphos?

Hello,

We're planning a celebratory holiday for next summer.

Two adults, 2 children 11 and 6.

We like Alexander the Great Hotel and Elysium Hotel.

I'd appreciate any comments/views regarding these two hotels and would welcome any recommendations for any other luxury hotels in the area.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

Have heard and read a lot about the Elysium and it was all good. Both Alexander and Elysium have an excellent reputation. Recently got back from the Annabelle and loved it. Although I'm sure Elysium and Alexander likely have plusher surroundings than Annabelle, we thought the food was fabulous there. Annabelle is not really a kiddy orientated hotel though and when I was choosing a hotel, from reading the reviews, the other two hotels sounded much more for families than for couples. We wanted a quiet place with few kids, hence our choice of Annabelle.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

Alex the Great is in a much better location than the Elysium. The Almyra another 5* - close to AtheG, and gets excellent reviews. It has a more contemporary style.

Trisha

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

here's a list of all the 5*s in Paphos

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g190384-Paphos_Paph…

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

Yes, forgot about the Almyra. It's next door to Annabelle and is in a prime location, close to harbour. It's fairly new and a stunning hotel. It's also the sister hotel of Annabelle and so guests can use amenities of both hotels. Almyra also seems more family orientated.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated. I'll take a look :)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

I'd also recommend Aphrodite Hills, which is a self contained resort about 15 minutes drive from Paphos airport and 30 minutes drive from Paphos.

The facilities are excellent and the facilities for children; kids club, kids play area, tennis lessons, riding school etc are all fantastic

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

Thank you. I'll take a look at that too :)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

The Elysium is a fabulous hotel but is not really in the best location. We found that we could easily walk to the harbour area but it did take about 15 minutes or so. The Almyra is in a great position and is child friendly. The Annabelle is very nice but not the best for children. The Alexander the Great is also in a good position and is very popular. I have looked round but never stayed there.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

I really appreciate your kind messages and information. Thank you :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5* Hotels - Paphos?

Alexander the Great is a fantastic hotel, having undergone renovation in 2013. The location is unsurpassed.

Aphrodite Hills resort is probably the nicest resort on the island, a true 5* experience, but is 15km to the east.