We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Showers forecast from next Saturday

Sheffield
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Showers forecast from next Saturday

How accurate are forecasts for Pathos a week in advance?

We arrive on Tuesday, but looks like rain expected Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Is it likely, and does it last?

Thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

Sorry, forgot to add - Accuweather and the BBC were the sites I looked at.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

They are as accurate as our weather forecasts so more than about 3 days away it's less accurate

No one on here can be any more accurate than a weather forecast on line so it's a bit like guessing what the weather will be like in Sheffield 8 days from now.

I says 31oC, a shower and humid, which sounds about right. It would be a shower rather than full on, all day streaming down the windows rain and if there is a shower it might be higher up in the hills or at night so you wouldn't even notice it.

Suffice to say that if it does rain all day then it will be very unusual for the time of year.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

Hope the weather is good for you.............now if you had been a blade......well that is something else.

WAWAW

swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

Don't worry about it, as previously said all day wet as we have here does happen but very rarely. Most of the rain if any is up in the mountains. This time of year it is normaly wall to wall sunshine, any showers are not wide spread and clear quickly. Just enjoy.

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaca, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3,794 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

Really hope we get some rain since last few days are very tiring humid and hot but this is not a wish come true for early September. It will remain hot and sunny

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

We have been for the last 3 Octobers and any rain has been short lived......soon back to blue skies and quite high temperatures and plenty of sun.........going again 14th October so expecting more of same.

I'm sure September will be good for you........Enjoy.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate it.

I usually take forecasts with a pinch of salt when it is for places I've been before, just being new to Cyprus and Paphos - wasn't sure if forecasts take into account local districts/mountains etc...

Anyway, I'm off tomorrow so will soon find out!!

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
296 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

Hi, I'm going to spend next week in Paphos and the weather forecast doesn't look too optimistic, so I hope they are wrong (according to the above posts)...

9. Re: Showers forecast from next Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15