We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

nottingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

hi folks

I have been offered 2 times for my wedding to take place in Paphos, 1pm or 5pm here are my thoughts on both....

1pm is this the hottest time of the day?? as i am wearing a traditionall style dress with a few layers and dont want make up to run.

5pm i know this sounds sucky but my speacial day will be over so fast, and what time does it get dark.......

anyone any suggestions please.

need to let my wedding planner know soon.

thanks

Tiny.t

cheshire
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

Hi Tiny.t my son got married at 2pm and it was ok it depends where you are getting married he got married at St.Pauls church and there are plenty of trees to shield you from the heat.I don't think you will mind too much about the make-up you will be too excited to worry about it.I don't think you will need your vest on though!Congratulations and best wishes.Olly

nottingham
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

thanks ollyvee

i am also getting married at St Pauls, thanks for replying so soon, 1pm it is then.

Take care

Tint t

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

If you're getting married in the summer over there (July, August, or early September) it will be scorching at 1pm - 5pm will still be very hot, but I would think a lot more comfortable than 1pm.

cheshire
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

Hi Tinyt you have possibly picked the best church and I am so pleased you picked a church not a hotel.Before the wedding when my son went to the town hall to have the paperwork checked there were lots of people milling round many had'nt got the correct paperwork so double check.In St Pauls Avenue almost opposite the Apollo Hotel there is a tree with hankies tied on when you are married go and tie one on its supposed to bring you luck.The minister who married my son is name Steve and he comes from a village a few miles from us so it made us feel it was special I cried all the way through the ceremony because the church gives you a wonderful feeling of peace.I wanted my daughter who got married a year later to go buy she said no.I wish I could be there with you because of the many happy memories I have of that day.Olly

5. Re: 1pm or 5pm wedding which is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 18:19