We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athena Beach or Athena Royal Beach

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Athena Beach or Athena Royal Beach

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can help, I'm in a quandry. I'm on verge of booking a trip to Paphos for early May07 for myself and my partner. After trawling the reviews I have a shortlist of either Athena Beach or Athena Royal Beach. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two hotels, I like the "sound" of the Athena Royal as we are looking for a quiet hotel (sorry to say, not too keen on too many kids around the pool), but from the reviews and photos I prefer the "look" of the Athena, nice pool, palm trees, accommodation, etc). Can anyone help me decide?

We've been visiting Cyprus for a few years now, although we haven't been for 3 years. The first 3 times we stayed at the Annabelle (fabulous!) but I understand that it's had it's day now, and is looking a bit wrose for wear (and it's very expensive in comparison), last time we visited Paphos in 2003 we stayed at the Kefalos Village, which I was OK but wouldn't want to return there.

Any info/advice on the Athena's would be very much appreciated.

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athena Beach or Athena Royal Beach

I can help you with this! We stayed at the Athena Royal last September, and are going back in May. It's fabulous! The main difference between the two hotels is that the Athena Royal is adults only. It's a bit newer - was built about 2/3 years ago, and the rooms cannot be faulted. It is quiet as it seems to attract older people. The Athena Beach is next door, and is also very nice indeed. It has more trees and shade than the Athena Royal, as of course the trees at the Royal haven't had time to grow yet. There are superb pools/pool area at both hotels with masses of sunbeds and parasols. The Royal has three pools with a jacuzzi in each one. Although the Athena Beach allows kids, I wouldn't let this put you off - the gardens are extensive, and its the type of hotel where you wouldn't get 'rough' kids anyway. Your choice really! You won't go far wrong whichever one you chose. Hope this helps.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athena Beach or Athena Royal Beach

Hi Pathol, I was at the Athena Royal for a week in October and it is a very nice hotel, faboulous breakfasts and we had meals on two nights(buffet) and they were lovely, plenty of variety and the waiting staff were very helpful. I had treatments in the Spa and they were lovely, i had never had a massage by a masseur before but he was brilliant and seemed instinctively to know my neck needed attention.We had requested a double room but it turned out to be a twin room and it was never rectified, it faced the front overlooking the road but we never had a problem with noise.There were a lot of older folks there and everyone seemed happy but once you had dinner and if you didnt fancy goin out there was precious little to do! The bar is very impersonal, no atmosphere and the guy at the piano is dire.I,m in my 50's but I have plenty of life in me but it was dead boring, now dont get me wrong I'm not trying to recapture my youth but I dont think we should curl up and live in the past either. The bar hostesses were absolutely lovely,always with a smile and extremely courteous. Recepionist Markella is a bit frosty and aloof. We had a look around the Athena Beach and it seemed lovely and very similar, even the rooms had the same layout and of coure they accept families. The gardens are more mature and there are more shady areas as a consequence which is good. The hotels are adjacent and there are good restaurants close by, hope I may have helped a little!

3. Re: Athena Beach or Athena Royal Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 21:18