We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets

South Wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
supermarkets

Hi All,

Only 3 weeks until we go to Polis now! Been watching the weather avidly and thanks for advice before on where to stay, we are pleased with our choice!

One more thing before we go..................large supermarkets? As there are 7 of us we will need to stock up, we used the Carrefour one outside of Paphos last time but are there any nearer to Polis? (I have a feeling we left a whole part of Polis unexplored!) And do they open on Sundays as we arrive Sunday early afternoon.

Thanks for any advice

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
334 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarkets

I believe there are no large supermarkets (at least Carrefour size) near Polis area. There are a couple of small supermarkets in Polis, just where the Polis-Prodromi road begins, they both have all the necessities but with slightly higher prices than Carrefour. as you probably know the Polis area is not that developed and the local population probably cannot support a large supermarket.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarkets

Usually you will find a small kiosk style shop open for the immediate requirements then go shopping on the Monday morning. Alternatively enjoy a taverna meal on Sunday and make sure you pack some tea/coffee in your luggage.

Have a great time. You will probably be arriving just after I leave! I'm in Polis from llth -16th June. Really looking forward to staying in this beautiful area.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarkets

There is a large-ish Papantoniou supermarket in Polis now - sorry cannot give exact location as we were on foot and just strolling around ! But it was not far from the large church in the centre ! If you click on one of the Polis websites it should give you a map/location.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarkets

Carrefour is on the Polis road in Paphos and is certainly the nearest big supermarket but not for shopping every day. Too far to justify the journey. We tend to use Phillipou in Peyia when we are over at Polis. This is an incredible store especially for something unusual it dseems to sell everything and the owner knows what he has and where it is as if he onlyhad one small counter to attend! On the Prodromi road out of Polis you will find E & S Supermarket, used to be the CoOp but is much improved now.

South Wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarkets

Thanks for all the tips! I think we'll eat out Sunday as suggested then go in search of the new Polis one on Monday.

Have a great time cypriotpal.................we arrive the 14th so book the good weather for us please!

6. Re: supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Polis
Recent Conversations