We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polis: Trip Report

Arundel, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Polis: Trip Report

Just back from staying in Paphos and Polis. We rented apartments at both, stayed at Polis Gardens in Polis, will do a separate report on this.

We had lovely weather for our Polis stay, uninterrupted sunshine, although very cold at night. Polis is set back from the sea up a small hill, and though a very small town it does sprawl a bit. I think that a car is needed in Polis. There is plenty to do if you like countryside, and the wild flowers in March are stunning. The restaurants are good, lots to choose from, we ate in the old town square, but chose the warmist looking as it was so cold in the evenings. Supermarkets are good, better than at home imo. The coastal path to Lachi is a nice walk, though I thought Lachi was a bit unfinished, scruffy maybe, I would not choose to stay there.

This was our first visit to Cyprus, I think we might return to Polis when its warmer so that we can swim in the sea.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polis: Trip Report

Early October is a great time to go if you like swimming in the sea- water temp lovely !! The days are still hot enough to sunbathe and the evenings still warm enough to eat outside- sometimes with a cardigan or wrap.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polis: Trip Report

Please don't be put off by the exceptional cold weather this year.

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polis: Trip Report

Hello yes you are right about the cold - we booked on a self catering basis with the owner stating they had central heating and they did not we moved out we were so very cold - it ruined our stay also they advertised AC for the summer months - not throughout as they wrote but just in two bedrooms so again would be too hot at this self catering in the summer months.

Anyway we have found something much better for the summer months.

4. Re: Polis: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Polis