We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banks and businesses

Which Polis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
banks and businesses

We'll be staying in Polis in a few weeks. We usually bring our debit card and withdraw cash when we need it. We have never used credit cards in Polis. First question is, are the cashpoints open in Polis and are you able to withdraw cash from the cash machines. My second question is do the bars and cafes in Polis and Latchi currently accepting credit cards. The BBC website says businesses in Cyprus have stopped accepting credit cards.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: banks and businesses

I would wait until nearer the time before you start to worry, some places in Cyprus at the moment are not taking cards, a lot can happen in the next few weeks hopefully the situation will have calmed down by then. The Card situation is probably temporary because businesses can only get so much from ATMs and need cash.

I am going back 16th May, not trying to be rude to you but I am not going to lose sleep getting stressed out over cards.BUT if you are still worried when the time comes take euro.

2. Re: banks and businesses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Polis