We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

My husband, daughter and I want to spend a day in the Troodos Mountains when we're staying in Paphos this October and would be grateful for your suggestions about places we could visit.

We enjoy visiting traditional villages, churches and historical sites. I was told there’s beautiful monastery in the region which shouldn't be missed but I’m not sure what it's called. Also we would like to eat lunch in a taverna/restaurant along the way.

We will have a hire car. Incidentally, how long will it take to drive from Paphos to the start of the Troodos Mountains area?

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

Hi, I think that the monastery that you are taking about is the Kykko. there are lots of villages with nice tavernas.the Omadoos is nice.Troodos Fred is the person that can answer your questions.if he misses this post, look on the Trodoos forum and send him a private message.He is the DE for the Troodos.He lives in the mountains.

to start you off here are a couple of websites

www.kypros.org/cyprus/troodos.htlm

paphosfinder.com>travelandtransportation

for more info just type distance from paphos to troodos into your search there is a lot of info listed. 45 minutes-1 hour drive Julie

2. Re: Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2010, 03:35
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

Sorry me again the above link is playing up they may have changed the web address. It is there we used to use it when going to Cyprus.when you click on above link. you will see error 404. under that click kypros.net click the search box at the top ,find cy will show up type troodos mountains cyprus in the box when next page shows up. scroll down the page it is under kypros.net world of cyprus.that will work .if you look at the web address on the bottom it is the same as I have given you sorry about reposting it is an intresting site.Julie

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

Thanks for all your info Julia. I'll check out the websites and contact Troodos Fred if I have any more questions.

5. Re: Day Trip Ideas - Paphos to Troodos Mountains and Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Troodos Mountains