We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Holiday extras

Merseyside
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Holiday extras

Just for information, if you were thinking of using Ski Holiday Extras...which have been recommended.

I have been emailing since 16th January for my holiday extras for 14th February, and still dont have my bookings... I may have asked to many questions?? and I dont tend to phone which might have worked much better.... It appears ski school is full (I decided to book direct myself today) so I wont have a booking.

I'd advise to book things direct and dont worry about a 5% discount.....

When I finally got a quote a couple of quantities / prices were incorrect. If you want to use them perhaps phone rather than email?

Vallnord Pal-Arinsal
Ski & Snowboard Areas, Biking Trails
Soldeu - El Tarter
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Casa de la Vall
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites
Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Holiday extras

grandvalira.com/en__classes_col_lectives_ca.…

I know it's half term for many, but I've never heard of ski school being full, the above link provides direct contact details of the ski schools, may be worth a final try ?

Merseyside
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Holiday extras

Apparantly the online booking is blocked to spanish bookings as they were worried that they would over book. That has blocked the English booking too...Soldeu ski school bookings (Angela Simonett hugely helful and very quick to reply) has reassured me and given me an alternate way of booking..

Merseyside
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Holiday extras

We had already booked 5 x 2hr private snowboard lessons for 6 which was cheaper than booking 6 x 3hr x 5 day group lessons.....

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Holiday extras

Personally I think private snowboard lessons are better. Ski school is excellent, but not so many Improvers do snowboard school, so there are fewer classes. Fine for complete beginners, but Improvers may find that the ability in the class is too varied, rather than beng of a similar level. My nephews were bored, and wanted to move up a class to do more advanced boarding, but there was not a higher class to move up to. They only did 3 of the 5 mornings in the end.

I had no problems booking my passes and equipment over the phone with ifyouski.com ( skiholidayextras.com) but have not booked lessons through them.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Holiday extras

PS. I think I read in a newspaper a while ago that Feb half term is going to be extra busy as many countries have the same week this year. Hope it is not too bad, as the GV is usually much quieter than France and other resorts in the Alps. Much shorter lift queues.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Holiday extras

I did get my lessons through ski holiday extras, they have been helpful and did give me a 5% discount.

I have just recieved a price list from 1activeholidays.com They definetly have by far the best prices and have learn to ski / improver packages which I hadn't been able to find! All too late...

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ski Holiday extras

I had a look at 1activeholidays, not convinced they are cheaper from their price list. Their area lift pass is 190€ which is good, but the ski packs are only for 5 days. It doesn't say if the lift pass and equipment is valid for the 6th day when there is no ski school.

I have paid 65€ for superior skis with skiholidayextras, but activeholidays are charging 90€.

Also talking over the phone, and haggling a bit, I got a further 15€ pp discount, so it is always worth doing that.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
288 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ski Holiday extras

The 1active holidays had the best lift pass prices and would have had packages for my beginner ski and snowboarders and for my improver skiers (260-290euros). It does seem to suggest it is for 6 days on my price list as it quotes savings. I hadn't been able to find the packages anywhere and thought it was only available with package tour companies. I agree that the ski / board prices are not quite as good as a variety of online agents but I had ended up booking everything separately. Even if the people with the cheap packages had to pay for an extra day it would still have been cheaper . I'm not much of a hagler, and prefer to be able to book without phoning. 1active would have suited me fine. I'd seen their website but found it difficult to use so hadnt realised what they could offer. They were recommended by Soldeu ski school when we needed to book ski school, and emailed me a price list. Tom was really quick getting back to me when I was anxious and helpful too. My large group may have caused some confusion. I think he pressumed I had ordered wrong quantities as 4 beginner snowboarders are also getting skis / boots.

Does anyone know how much the lockers at El Tarter cost? Are they reasonably available? can they be prebooked? do you have to pay cash or can you pay with credit card?

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ski Holiday extras

Can't help you with locker pricers for El Tarter, but as a guide, the lockers by the gondola street level in Soldeu are 50€ (or 60€ at Christmas/ New Year. Max 4 pairs of boots and skis) and the ones on the slopes are about 95€ !!! Prices for the week. You cannot pre book as far as I know. I get our lockers by the gondola base as soon as we arrive.

I assume it is similar at El Tarter.

10. Re: Ski Holiday extras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Andorra