We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Andorra from France

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Andorra from France

I have just had to make a series of changes to my holiday later on this year due to Schengen restrictions and as a result I will be staying in Andorra for a few days in the middle of July.

However our previous destination is Tours in the Loire Valley which is a decent distance away and we will not be driving on this trip - only using trains. Through my research I have discovered that there is a bus to Andorra from both Toulouse and l'Hospitalet. Are there any other places?

And I can't seem to find many trains that would get me to l'Hospitalet - practically none. Is this true? Or is the station fairly well serviced?

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Andorra from France

I think l'Hospitalet is the tiny station at the end of the line in the Pyrenees. Ir is as close as it gets to Andorra. As for buses from there to Andorra in July - not a clue, but it would surprise me. Don't even know if they run from Toulouse in summer.

Good luck - hope you make it. Andorra is a different place in summer, but still very beautiful.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Andorra from France

You do know that Andorra is not in the EU and therefore outside the Schengen area. People entering Europe on a Schengen visa should therefore make sure that their visa entitles them to repeated visits to prevent them from being refused entry to Spain or France following a stay in Andorra.

As an Australian citizen, you don't need a passport, but will need a return ticket. How that works if you got the train to l'Hospitalet which is in France is something you would have to investigate.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Andorra from France

Yes I do know that Andorra is not Schengen - that is why we have to go there, otherwise we will be over our allowed 90 days in the Schengen area.

4. Re: Getting to Andorra from France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Andorra