We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Topic
Clothes

Hi,

Where is the best place to get clothes and skiing equipment for a good price either on loan or buying the things.

I live in Perpignan at the minute. is there any shops in France where you can buy the stuff?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes

How far do you want to go from Perpignan ?

Have you looked in Decathlon ?

When do you need to buy these clothes ? In a couple of weeks the shops in the resorts will start discounting their stock to clear it out by the end of the season.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes

You cannot rent ski clothing as far as I know, but you can book ski equipment for hire online, which is usually cheaper than paying in resorts.

Which resort are you thinking of skiing in?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes

I had a look online for some things. It was working out about 200 euro for everything. Do you think that is a good price for the following?

Long and short slieved Thermal vests

Ski socks

Ski jacket and trousers

Ski Gloves

A pair of Long Johns

A winter hat

Ski Goggles

Polo/fleece jumper

I'm thinking of going to Pas de la casa

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes

For ski or board and boot hire, lift passes, ski school etc try.pasdelacasainfo.com. I think they will deliver your lift passes to your accommodation.

http://pasdelacasainfo.com/

I can't comment about clothes prices I'm afraid, as we live in the UK. I buy our skiwear in our local ski and mountain shops sales if possible. I just bought my 20 yr old son a new ski jacket and salopette trousers for £ 50. Absolute bargain - original price was £ 260.

A cheaper but popular company that do skiwear is Trespass. You should be able to find their website. It is not worth paying high prices for designer skiwear for a first holiday.

I bought my jacket and trousers in a cut price shop in the UK, and they keep me lovely and warm.

trespass.co.uk/section/mens-clothing-1/mens-…

Edited: 15 February 2011, 00:48
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,894 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes

You will also need ski / mountain sunglasses if it is sunny. Yellow or orange lens goggles are best for poor light conditions.

You can buy these plus hats, gloves, sunscreen, lipsalves, fleeces, ski polo necks etc in the shops in resort.

You can buy jackets and trousers etc as well of course, but they are usually quite expensive unless you go at the end of the season when they may have sales on.

If you buy a lot of things, it is worth asking for a discount.

When I bought my son new boots and skis, we got a free boot bag and also a free ski bag thrown in, plus some money knocked off.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
540 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes

Thanks for the info.

7. Re: Clothes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2012, 19:43
Get answers to your questions about Soldeu