We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for F1 Grand Prix 2011

Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for F1 Grand Prix 2011

My husband and I have just booked a holiday for May/June next year. He is a big F1 fan and would like to be in Monte Carlo for the Grand Prix next year. What works out more economical, he really just wants to go for one day, on the Sunday. Should we stay in Nice, take the train to Monte Carlo and then purchase good tickets into the race. Or, should we stay in Monte Carlo??? I am prepared to pay whatever (to a certain degree) for decent tickets. I think I would rather do that than get an accommodation package and not have good views of the race. I have read all the posts on here about the different sections and I have to admit I am a little confused about the whole thing!!!

I know I have a lot of broad questions so any help would be great!!!! :-)

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for F1 Grand Prix 2011

Normally you won't be able to stay in Monaco unless you book a 5 night package, tho' last year they reduced it to 3 nights, and if ticket sales are slow again next year, you may be able to get a 1 night deal closer to the time. But I wouldn't risk it.

It's much cheaper to stay outside Monaco and get a ticket for the best view you can afford. I've sat in stand K, which was a good view. But I'm not an expert on the GP. Check out postings in this forum by Chippo, who knows more about the different stands.

Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for F1 Grand Prix 2011

thanks very much for your help...I think I am going to book some accommodation in Nice and just wait till the tickets are released for the Grand Prix

3. Re: Advice for F1 Grand Prix 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:24