We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

Hi All

We are in Monte Carlo next weekend, it's my husband's 30th birthday and there are 6 of us.

I'd like to make a booking somewhere quite flashy but not really expensive. Probably somewhere where main dishes are under €30

These places have been recommended to us - are they any good?

Zelos

Sass Cafe

We are a lively bunch so the nighclub environment isn't a problem. I just want to make sure this night out is special for him.

Thanks for your help.

Eleanor

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

I'd choose Zest, which does the best burger in Monaco IMHO (it's not a burger place tho', it's a proper restaurant). It's in the port area, which is the "new" nightlife area of Monaco (Sass is in the "old" nightlife area near the beach. Once you've eaten, there are plenty of places to party, with a special evening at the Brasserie de Monaco (http://maboum.com/event-4933) a few doors down, the Rascasse bar, Stars n Bars and Black Legend all in the same area. There's also a fun fair on the promenade above the restaurant.

Sass can be good fun if you've got plenty of cash. You're fairly close to Jimmy'z, but here you'll also be spending lots.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
661 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

Good advice from monacoCabbie! Zelo's is expensive for what you get in terms of food. I had a look at the reviews here on TA and saw several complaints about the service, which reminded me of a time when we had dinner there and had a really hard time trying to convince our waiter to bring us another drink because the champagne we had ordered was completely flat and disgusting!

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

I'm with theluma on Zelos. We used to go at night when it was Zebra Square, for the music and partying. When it refurbished and became Zelos we tried the food and weren't impressed with it. It can still be entertaining arriving there after you've eaten somewhere else. As with Jimmy'z the best value for 6 of you would be to buy a bottle of spirits and some mixers to share - buying individual drinks works out more expensive.

Some friends of ours went to Sass fairly recently and had a good time because there was a young footballer in there flashing the cash. But I'm guessing if you're trying to limit your food spending, you won't be buying bottles of champagne to spray around and entice the good time girls.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

Thanks everybody that is great advice. I'm going to book Zest tomorrow I think it sounds just right for us and the menu looks amazing.

We're thinking about eating in the hotel on Friday night which is the Argintin at the Fairmont, is this restaurant good?

Thanks again :-)

5. Re: Dinner in Monte Carlo Saturday 23rd October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:15