We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on Monaco itinerary

Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
advice on Monaco itinerary

Hiii

My wife and I will be visiting the french riviera for 5 days in the first week of June. This is our first visit and we were hoping to catch the main highlights in the area. We will be landing in nice, spending a night there and moving to Monaco for the other 4 nights. Were planning to plan the itinerary as follows:

Day 1: reach nice early morning and spend the day walking around nice

Day 2: head to monaco after lunch, visit the old town in nice

Day 3: visit eze village in the morning and spend rest of the day sightseeing in monaco

Day 4: visit st paul de vence and antibes (read on TA that they're close by and can be done on same day)

Day 5: visit cannes

How does this itinerary look? We're planning to use public transport all through- can u suggest any improvements- we wanted to visit st tropez but read that its quite far out :( are there any sights/internal transfers/restaurants that we should pre-book given that its high season?

Will be grateful for any feedback- thanks!!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on Monaco itinerary

St Paul de vence and antibes are not particularly close together - Vence , Haut de cagnes, work better with st Paul de vence by public transport

Take train monaco to cagnes sur mer, then bus 400 to St Paul de vence. continue on bus 400 for Vence , take free navette [shuttle] to haut de cagnes from cagnes sur mer bus station, square Bourdet

Antibes works better with Cannes if using public transport - train is best for Antibes and Cannes from Monaco

If you want to go to st Tropez, you can go by boat from Nice as a day trip

trans-cote-azur.co.uk/nice-saint-tropez.php#

or alternatively take the train to st Raphael, then ferry or bus 7601 [though there can be heavy traffic, though june is not as bad as july and august]

In June you can buy a Passe isabelle for 14 euros which is a day rover train ticket for the alpes maritimes, plus ventimiglia in Italy , St Raphael and Frejus.

Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on Monaco itinerary

Thanks selkienice for the inputs, was very helpful and also for sharing the link. St Tropez looks lovely.

In your personal opinion, if I had to choose between 2 of the 3 day trips given the paucity of time i.e. Antibes/Cannes, St. Tropez and St Paul de Vence/Vence, which ones should be prioritize?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on Monaco itinerary

If st tropez is somewhere i had always wanted to visit, i would pick the day trip to st tropez by boat rather than Cannes and Antibes as the boat passes Antibes and Cannes en route, so you get to see them from the water.

Edited: 01 April 2013, 10:24
Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: advice on Monaco itinerary

If visiting Eze Village from Monaco, best not to do it on a Sunday, as the direct bus 112 doesn't run that day.

5. Re: advice on Monaco itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:16