We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

New Haven...
Level Contributor
273 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

....so I go to the Automobile Club De Monaco's website to take a look at what tickets are left for next years Grand Prix and I see the site has changed and it redirects you to grandprixmonaco.com

The problem is, you can no longer see what seats that you are choosing and only the section (Unlike the previous archaic site which at this point I prefer).

As anybody found a way to circumvent this? ..or do I need to blow $15 bucks on an international phone call to ACM to have them tell me what is available over the phone?

Ugh

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

??? stop to alcohool ;-) or you have virus and spam on your computer ;-)

the official website of ACM is always = www.acm.mc

and when you click on ticket online, as every year you are always redirect to official sales with seats/section and availabilities= http://www.formula1monaco.com/

New Haven...
Level Contributor
273 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

Once you go to www.formula1monaco.com it redirects you to www.grandprixmonaco.com.

I've tried this on multiple computers with the same result.

I can't be the only one having this issue. The only thing I can think of that if it is me, it must be something to due with the fact I'm attempting to purchase from the US as opposed to Europe (Shot in the dark).

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

I checked http://www.grandprixmonaco.com/ and it's also a official website from ACM

I live in Nice and I can use both but may be you are right there is a restriction somewhere and I don't know why the created 2 websites to sell ticket

did you try to e-mail them to request why you can not watch "formulaone" website ?

location@formula1monaco.com

New Haven...
Level Contributor
273 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

So apparently this is an issue for MAC users, Ipad Users and Smartphones users ONLY per Noelle in the ACM Office due to some not being able to download the Silverlight plug-in which is necessary to launch their ticketing interface. So they just scraped the ability to even attempt to use the interface altogether for us MAC users which sucks since Silverlight worked fine for me.

Anyways, I ended up trying on a PC and it worked. So for anybody who might have had this issue, just use a PC with Silverlight.

UK + Monaco
Level Contributor
179 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

Hi DA, yes unless you are using a particular version of OSX (i don't recall which) you will have major issues with the ACM site.

We are all Mac in our offices and can only access the site on two of the Macs, so we don't change anything on them :)

New Haven...
Level Contributor
273 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

@ Ed her explanation was somewhat suspect, but nevertheless it is what it is. I ended up grabbing two seats in Tribune "O" (Z1 & Z2) which are about 29 rows up on the edge side of Tribune "N". Was on the fence if I should have grabbed a couple of K8b tickets instead, but the best thing left was on the right edge by Tribune "M" only about 15 rows up from my perspective. My decision was made difficult since I wasn't sure that if I turned around from those seats if I would be able to able to catch a glimpse of the cars as they exited the pits as well as if I would lose the cars a lot earlier once they hit the end of swimming pool chicane since I assumed my view would be obstructed by the "M" grandstand. Hopefully I made the right decision between the two. Just sucks that all the good tickets went so early this year. I would have loved to have been able to grab two seats between K1-K5 high, but who wouldn't have, lol.

Whitefish, Montana
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

Same for me, on March 10th. Sent message via their ticketing site and ask for schematics of the usual seating areas. Waiting for response. Unusual that they don't allow buyers to choose from available seats. ???

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

Chandler if you're on a pc, not a mac, you should be able to see the available seats online and choose the ones you want. You can rely on the ACM people to pick what's best of the remaining seats, they know their stuff, but there's nothing to beat making the choice yourself. So I recommend using a pc - ask a friend if necessary - and make your own choices.

9. Re: acm.mc ticketing site has changed!!! (Grand Prix 2014)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 06:17