We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monaco and passport stamp???

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Monaco and passport stamp???

We already booked flights for 97 days in Europe. We are only allowed to stay in Schenghen countries a total of 90 days. If I visit Monaco for 7 days do I get a stamp on my passport to show that I only stay 90 days in schenghen countries?

Thanks

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monaco and passport stamp???

Monaco has no border controls and is therefore de facto within the Schengen area. There is no Monaco passport stamp: entering France gives you the right to enter Monaco.

Your visa will be valid for 90 days from the start date, not for 90 days cumulated within a certain period. All you can do is exit the Schengen area after 90 days or less OR change one of your flights so that you start or end your trip with at least 7 days in the UK or Ireland.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,530 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Monaco and passport stamp???

I think the previous reply may be too pessimistic.

Visa-less travel by US citizens to the Schengen area gives 90 days stay within a 180 day period. So to remain strictly within the permitted limits, you can leave the Schengen area, e.g. to the UK or Ireland, for seven days at any time during your 97-day stay.

Travel with a visa is the same if the visa is multiple-entry.

3. Re: Monaco and passport stamp???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:18