We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time to this area, 1st week of June

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
1st Time to this area, 1st week of June

I will be accompanying my husband on a business trip during the 1st week of June. We are staying at the Marriot right on the border of Monaco. I will have a rental car and am looking for suggestions of what to see during the days while he is in meetings. I am perfectly comfortable venturing off on my own, but don't want to spend most of my time driving. I love nature, old architecture, and seeing things off the beaten tourist path. We are planning to drive to Turin, Italy through the Parc National du Mercantour once he is done with meetings and spend the weekend in Turin, so I do not need to explore in that direction during the week. Thanks for any suggestions!!

Mentioned in this post
Turin
Turin
Province of Turin, Italy
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time to this area, 1st week of June

There are very many places to visit in the area, as is am sure you are aware. Monaco and other places on the coast do not require a car as public transport is very good and a car would be an encumbrance.

Start your planning by looking at a guidebook and considering which places might appeal to you, then come back when you have specific questions for this forum.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
15 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Time to this area, 1st week of June

I will definitely spend at least a 1/2 day exploring Monaco on foot, but it does not look like I will want to spend 4 days just in Monaco. Are there any hidden gems I should see outside of Monaco? Small towns, fabulous views, etc?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,985 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Time to this area, 1st week of June

"Start your planning by looking at a guidebook..."

4. Re: 1st Time to this area, 1st week of June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:16