We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhone Wine Tour between March 7 and 15 2014

Potomac, Maryland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rhone Wine Tour between March 7 and 15 2014

Hi! My husband and I are going to be in France for 2 weeks and we would like to do a 3-5 wine tour in the middle - ideally in a small group. Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
1 reply
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
48,184 posts
1,547 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhone Wine Tour between March 7 and 15 2014

We have not done our Rhöne trip yet - just starting to plan, but did 10 days in Burgundy for wife's birthday last May. We booked all of our tours with Authentica Tours, and were very much impressed. We explained that we wanted a little history, a little geography, and a lot of wine. They understood, and created an excellent set of tours for us, with which we could not have been happier. I asked them about the Rhöne, but they ONLY do Burgundy. However, they highly recommended this tour company: Kanpai Tourisme [contact@kanpai-tourisme.com], who contacted me instantly, and we have begun the initial planning. Now, I have not used them, so my ONLY impression is from the recommendation from Authentica Tours, and my interaction, so it is not a blanket rec. However, they DO seem to know the wine region well, and also understand what we are looking for. Just having a tour operator listen, rather than tell me to "pick one from column A, and one from column B," is a blessing.

If you also find other options, please post those to this thread, as I will be reading. For us (just a couple), I have also posted for general recs. on areas to stay, and then for lodging recs, in those areas.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Burgundy
Burgundy
Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
Reply to: Rhone Wine Tour between March 7 and 15 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted