We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

San Ramon
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

Greetings, fellow travelers:

My family and friends will be cruising Holland America Nordam and visiting Monaco/Monte Carlo on July 20, 2009. We would like to take a rental car from the Monaco port to St. Tourrettes-sur-Loup and Saint-Paul-de-Vence. I am having trouble finding a car rental provider that rents an 8-seat van or two 4-seat cars. Can you recommend a car rental provider or strategy that is accessible from the Monaco/Monte Carlo port?

Thank you in advance.

CAJourneyman

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

Try contacting the car rental places in Monaco. Go to the Monaco Yellow Pages:

www.pagesjaunesmonaco.com/anuweb/voirPJ.do

Search for "location d'automobiles". Everyone will speak English if you phone up or email.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

you will find some rental cars near the Port

hertz,avis...

San Ramon
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

Excellent. Which Hertz is closest: 27 Boulevard Albert Ier or 29 Avenue Marechal Leclerc? Or Avis at 9 Ave D'Ostende? Sorry to be so dense. They all look like they are near different piers. I am traveling Holland America. Thank you!!

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

I don't know of an avenue Marechal Leclerc in Monaco. The closest to where the cruise ships dock is blvd Albert 1er. Ave d'Ostende is further around the port.

San Ramon
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

Hello. Thank you for the terrific help on this board. Thanks to the threads, I was able to resolve my question. In the end, it looked like Hertz office was the closest to the cruise ships. In fact, below I have pasted their email reply to me. Thank you again for your help.

From MON60@hertz.com

"Hello from Monaco. Hertz Monaco is facing the harbour of Monaco, and cruise ships are located on the other side of the harbour (15 mn by walk). Waiting fot the pleasure to welcoming you, we remain. Regards,"

6. Re: Car rental provider needed @ Monaco cruise pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:19