We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Father's Day in Monte Carlo

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Father's Day in Monte Carlo

Hello,

We will be in Monte Carlo this weekend for Father's Day. I have a couple of questions:

1) how do i get to Novotel Monte Carlo from Nice airport? Is it better to take the bus, taxi, or train?

2) How far would it be to Cannes and how do we get there from Monte Carlo?

3) Any suggestions on whAt to do for 2-day itinerary?

Thanks!

Edited: 13 June 2012, 22:44
Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Father's Day in Monte Carlo

My preferred method of getting from Nice Airport to Monaco is by the airport bus, runs about every 30 mins, last bus around 9.15pm. The driver asks where you want to go, tell him Novotel and he'll take you there. It costs 19 euros per person one way.

Other direct methods are taxi, around 80 euros, or helicopter, around 150 euros (there's a courtesy bus from the heliport to your hotel).

You could get the train, but you'll need to find your way from the airport to the railway station, from Monaco station to the hotel is a couple of minutes walk. You could also do it a lot cheaper, by using 2 or 3 local buses. So it depends what's "better" for you.

To get to Cannes from Monaco, take the train. I've not done the journey for a while, but it will cost around 8-10 euros single, and take 40-50 minutes. You could hire a car or taxi too. I wouldn't advise the bus as it could take up to 3 hours that way.

For an itinerary, I'd get hold of a decent guidebook to see what's here that appeals to you. Things I enjoy doing may not appeal to you, so it very much depends on your interests.

2. Re: Father's Day in Monte Carlo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:17