We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

Which Monte-Carlo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

I'll be staying around Nice and want to get to Monaco on race day. Will probably set off pretty early on Sunday morning to *try* and avoid the worst crowds but realise getting back in the evening will be difficult.

There's a few threads here about trains and buses but which will be best (cost not really an issue)? Don't really like the idea of being on an over-crowded train. Is a taxi a realistic option?

Thanks!

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

Taxis will be very hard to come by, many will have been pre-booked for the airport. The train is best. The race will be over by 4pm and the least busy time is right after that. The trains aren't generally allowed to get overcrowded, they don't let too many people onto the platform at one time. Try to avoid getting the last or last but one train because everyone likes to leave at the last minute and that could get stressful.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

Thanks Moth. That doesn't sound too bad at all. I won't be hanging around after the race (in fact was thinking of leaving just before the end!)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

If you go by train on race day get to te station early otherwise the queues are really long but it's great fun on the train!

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
168 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

Change of plan - I'm probably going to travel fom Antibes/Biot - at least I'll get a seat ;)

5. Re: Another GP question! Train or bus? or Taxi?! (from Nice)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:18