We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monaco gran prix 2014

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
monaco gran prix 2014

Hi we are travelling to the Grand Prix this year for our honeymoon and we have weekend tickets in grandstand T.. We are looking for any tips or and suggestions from people that have been there. Also is there a place where the drivers do autograph signings?

An excited F1 fan :)

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

Yes, 4 weeks to go! I pick my tix up when I get there.....can't believe its 4 weeks away!

Edited: 18 April 2014, 22:45
Leicester, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

Hi all,

Heading to the Monaco GP for the first time (boyfriends 30th)! I have tickets for Le Rocher, which may or may not have been the best idea. Does anyone have any tips on where to sit/situate ourselves on the hill? I know to bring a backpack, blanket, etc., but where should we actually position ourselves (considering we get there early enough)?

Also, since it's my bf's 30th, I'm looking to have a nice meal out. Probably not going to aim for the Sunday night, but we're not leaving until Tues evening, so Monday would be the best bet. Does anyone have any decent places that aren't super expensive, but I want it to be nice with some atmosphere, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

Don't want to disappoint you, but many of the best places will be taken by people who are there year after year and chain their plastic garden seats to the nearest tree etc. If the weather is hot, try to get under a tree if you can, or take a hat. If wet, make sure your blanket has a waterproof underside (your mum might have one of those picnic blankets M&S were giving away a few years back...).

Sit where you can have a view of the big screen and the track ahead of you, if possible, and if the weather is fine it'll be like a party - people who have Rocher places are usually very friendly.

Eating out on Monday can be disappointing as everyone is still getting over the big weekend, so go as upmarket as you can where they have a reputation to think of. Check out the Horizon Deck at the Fairmont Hotel or the Cafe de Paris, you should find menus online. If those prices are out of reach, or too formal for your taste, head for any of the places along the Route de la Piscine (Brasserie de Monaco, Explorers Pub, Zest and so on), the big terraces should be back in action and there's always a crowd.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

There will be people who "camp out" overnight to secure their spots and lots more who arrive at dawn or shortly thereafter.

So get there as early as you feel comfortable with.

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

MOTH - GREAT ADVICE, THANK YOU FOR SHARING. we were thinking of booking stars and bars for the sunday is it worth it. also what do you think our chances would be for booking cafe de paris for the qualifiers ?? thanks again

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

Hi Angela

I haven't been at Stars n Bars for the GP, so can't give you a personal recommendation. I believe from other posts on here and friends' comments that the atmosphere is great though, and the big screens are certainly enormous.

For the Cafe de Paris on Saturday they are still advertising the Brasserie buffet lunch for €140 and the salon Bellevue buffet (higher up, better views, reflected in the price) at €350. Both prices include drinks. The Brasserie has a big screen right in front but not a great view of the track itself, so you need to be aware of that. The number to call for information and bookings is +377 98 06 36 36

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

amazing advice again thank you very much

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

1 full week left in work and then it's time to get ready :) wohoo

Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

Yeah! It's getting exciting, I leave for MCa week Tuesday. Can't wait.

1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: monaco gran prix 2014

I only have a Rocher ticket for Sunday. Does this mean I can't access the pits on Friday?