We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

Hello,

For many days I am looking for a good price to fly from Bucharest to Vienn and everything was very expensive and long time flight. I found extremly cheap tickets and only half hour flight from the www.flyniki.com . Amazing! Please let me know if everyone had any experience with this company. Also they have saver and flax fare rates. A flax rate is 5 times more expensive. I have read their information but I couldn't find a good explanation for such a big difference between rates. Thank you all for any info.

AVA

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,916 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

FlyNiki is a very reliable Austrian airline with which I have flown a few times and was always satisfied. Their on-board service is even better than on traditonal airlines as they serve free cold and hot beverages as well as a tasty sandwhich. The gross flight time between Bucharest to Vienna actually is 90 minutes but there is also a time difference of one hour. Flexible fares are rather for business travelers who are likely to change their itineraries. Savers are firm and can't be returned. But it should be possible to change them but this is surely not free of charge then.

Edited: 24 February 2011, 20:50
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

Fly Niki is well known here for discount fares good record of performance and service.

Named for the founder former Formula 1 xhampion Niki Lauda.

He is a clever businessman - formerly owned Lauda Air - sold some years ago to Austrian Air for a good sum.

Niki is a pilot also with commercial license - so knowa the business from cockpit to Boardroom.

Fly Niki has been experiencing good growth - numerous orders for new aircraft too.

A good modern fleet currently will only get better with the added aircraft.

Many new routes planned - so currently quite successful.

Now the firm is 49 % owned by Air Berlin.

Lauda claims he will continue to keep the 51% and thus control.

The Air Berlin partnership is good for both firms- aharing routes codeshares etc.

I have flown with them- from check in to landing a good professional operation- good food ( Nikis wife a former stewardess formerly was in charge of menus - do not think this still happens )

nothing bad to describe - grab the cheap fare if you can - they are legitimate.

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

Thank you so much! I should realize about the time zone, but I forgot. You were very nice to answer so quickly, unfortunately I have seen your message only in the morning of Feb 25th, due to time zone between Canada and Europe. All the best. Ava

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

Hi Vertical, thank you to you too for taking your time to answer in detail to my question. As I said, I was really shocked about the price difference that I almost do not remember from whom I got this info regarding "flyniki" because from a general inquiry on the internet, it didn't show up. Thank you once again. I have already bought the tickets. Cheers!

5. Re: Has anybody experienced flights with "flyniki" air company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:17