We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the price for Italian goods in Austria the same as Italy?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is the price for Italian goods in Austria the same as Italy?

Hi,

I will be visiting Vienna and intend to buy Italian/French brand bags like Prada, Chanel there. Would like to know whether the prices of such goods in Austria is the same as those in Italy/France? Or are they more expensive in Austria?

Thanks in advance.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
21,595 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the price for Italian goods in Austria the same as Italy?

Austria seems to be quite pricey for brand bags. fortunately I have never had to buy one!! but seriously, I would imagine that these items would cost similar amounts wherever you go

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the price for Italian goods in Austria the same as Italy?

Thanks for the reply :) i would think that they should cost the same too, given that Austria is also part of EU. However, wanna check if anyone has similar experience to share.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the price for Italian goods in Austria the same as Italy?

Be aware the shop like LV note down the passport numbers from Asian customers so that you cannot shop at the same brand within a certain time. This happened to a Malay friend of mine.

4. Re: Is the price for Italian goods in Austria the same as Italy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17