We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austria Phone Sim Card

India
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Austria Phone Sim Card

Hi I am travelling to Austria for 4 nights next month and would request suggestions as to which Sim card shall I buy for my stay. I would require Sim only for making & receiving calls as my hotels provide wi fi. Is it easy to get Sim cards (both normal and microsim) at Vienna airport? How much does it cost?

Also whether these can be used for making & receiving calls in Switzerland? Thanks.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,685 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austria Phone Sim Card

What kind of phone will you use? Do you need to call India frequently?

All Austrian SIM cards can be used in other countries, but roaming charges apply!

India
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Austria Phone Sim Card

I will be using a normal smartphone, although I have a Blackberry which is on international roaming. I don't need to make calls to India much as that I will be doing from my Internet phone via the hotel Wi Fi. Basically I would be keeping the phone to get inbound calls and also make local calls to my wife's phone, if needed. So basically I would be needing 2 Sim cards, one for myself and the other one for my wife.

I would be needing these Sim for 4 days in Austria and then I would be buying my local Sim in Switzerland.

Thanks,

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,685 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Austria Phone Sim Card

As far as I know there is a post office at the airport selling SIMs of BOB (www.bob.at) which basically is good product. If you bring in a 3G phone (UMTS on 2.100 MHz) you can also opt for DREI (www.drei.at) which offers a prepaid SIM that allows free calls to customers of the same network. But you would have to get your SIM in Vienna then.

4. Re: Austria Phone Sim Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:25