We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Ski resort for beginner

Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best Ski resort for beginner

Hi All,

I would like to ski in Austria in mid-Dec. Would you please recommend a ski resort where it is easily accessible by public transport (train or coach) & with beginner friendly ski runs.

Thanks in advance!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
22,122 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Ski resort for beginner

all ski resorts will have slopes for beginners. trains or shuttle busses will take you to somewhere like zell am see or kitzbuhel.

Salzburg, Austria
Level Contributor
14 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Ski resort for beginner

from Salzburg the ski shuttle usually takes you to Flachau.There is a Postbus to Lofer from Salzburg.A train to Bavaria : Götschen and Jennerbahn am Königsee in Berchtesgaden.If you use public transport it is better to get up early; the shuttles leave early in the morning and return in the evening.With Postbus or train you have more alternatives but check the connections first.I have walked many times the last bit to resort because I didnt do my homework.I have my own skis so I am already warmed up when I get to the piste.

3. Re: Best Ski resort for beginner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:18