We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OBB Seating

Bergamo, Italy
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
OBB Seating

Can anyone out there please help explain to me how the seating arrangements on the OBB trains work? I have booked tickets from Verona to Salzburg on the OBB website, but when I printed them can not seem to find the seat assignments. One of the legs is on an EC train and the other on a RJ. When I bought the tickets there was an option to select your seat, but I chose not to because there was a fee and I really do not care where I sit. I had assumed (maybe incorrectly?) that if I did not pay to select a seat, I would simply be assigned one. Do you know if I do not choose and pay for a seat, does it mean I do not get one? If that is the case, is there a way to go back and select a seat. Thanks in advance for the help.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OBB Seating

If you didn't book a seat reservation, you will not have a seat assigned to you, you simply get on the train and sit in any available seat. You don't have to have a seat reservation for trains in Austria.

Layout will be different on the two trains. The RailJet has airline style carriages, as does the EC but may also have carriages where the seats are in separate compartments, each containing 6 seats. Check out the Man in Seat 61 website for mor details (www.seat61.com)

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
16,120 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OBB Seating

Austrians very rarely reserve seats. Trains are very seldom so busy that seats aren't available and even then people are still transported.

Bergamo, Italy
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OBB Seating

Thanks for the information....very helpful!

4. Re: OBB Seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16