We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

Hanau, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

Hi Friends,

I am planning to visit Austria with my family. I will leave from Frankfurt on 3 rd May 2014 and will want to return back to Frankfurt till 8th May Midnight. I want to visit some places where I can enjoy the nature and also snow. I am planning to stay in Salzburg on 3rd and 4th May. We will not do skiing. My daughter just wants to play in snow. IMy friends gave me suggestion to visit Solden or Pitztal or Grossglockner. I don't have Car so I have to travel either by trains or bus. Please suggest me the best place where I can enjoy with my family

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

As we are heading towards summer, snow can now only be encountered at very high altitudes. You would have to go to a glacier, for instance, to Kitzsteinhorn (https://www.kitzsteinhorn.at/) accessbible from Kaprun (Zell am See Area). But check beforehand whether their ropeways are still operational! It could be that services will already have shut down in order to carry out maintenance works. The Zell am See Area (www.zellamsee-kaprun.com) also is very nice and would fit into your itinerary.

Hanau, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

Thanks Mikey,

What about Solden? Is it good to visit Solden? Also where we can get cheap and good hotels? What place you suggest to stay 3 days i.e. from 5th to 8th May.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

I'd go to either the aformentioned Kitzsteinhorn Glacier or maybe visit the Stubai Glacier close to Innsbruck. Info on hotels can be found on the website of the respective tourism boards. You can also make use of one of the numerous hotel reservation websites. Beside Salzburg you could consider staying in the nearby Salzkammergut Lake District (Hallstatt, Bad Ischl, Sankt Wolfgang and others), Zell am See Area (as mentioned above). Zillertal Valley (http://www.zillertal.at/). In any case you need to perform your own research in order to find out what attracts you!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
841 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

Can rcommend the Ziller Valley, with the Hintertux glacier at the top which is open year round. Given the time of year you may find the snow isn't that good for your daughter to play in all the time, and the Ziller Valley offers plenty of other activities eg alpine coaster, play areas, outdoor me indoor pools with slides etc.

Edited: 27 April 2014, 09:10
5. Re: Suggest good places to visit Austria for 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:16