We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eurail pass

Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Topic
eurail pass

I will be travelling with my family in the month of June to Austria and Switzerland. If I buy a first class Swiss rail pass and second class Austrian rail pass, on my journey from Zurich to Salzburg which class would I travel?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,540 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eurail pass

Well, what do you think?

2. Re: eurail pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 20:40
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,540 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eurail pass

To make it short, 1st class to the border station, then 2nd class to Salzburg!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eurail pass

Don't get a pass at all, it is expensive and more trouble than it is worth.

First and second are almost identical, except for the price, and in second class there is a children's play area which first doesn't have.

Some of the Swiss trains even have climbing frames for children and the seating area is very comfortable. Again only available in second class.

5. Re: eurail pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:16