We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TBE in Salzburgland

Tel-Aviv
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Topic
TBE in Salzburgland

Is TBE common in Salzburgland?

I'm planing to visit there this August with my wife and our toddler girl.

Thank you,

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TBE in Salzburgland

TBE exists in Austria yes.

But as long as you take sensible precautions you don't need to worry about it.

Assume you are not going to be working in the Farming or Forestry industries and will not be walking though meadows with bare legs.

Geographical spread

http://www.tickalert.org/tbe-countries.html

Edited: 24 June 2014, 11:29
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TBE in Salzburgland

We always use a very good insect repellant and carry tweezers.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TBE in Salzburgland

We never wear shorts when out walking, always trousers and good socks. Avoid walking through long grass.

For people visiting for a few weeks it's nothing to worry about as long as you are sensible.

If you were coming to Austria to work outdoors a course of vaccinations would be a good idea. Too late for this year. It's multiple jabs over a long period.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 16:47
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TBE in Salzburgland

Take sensible precautions with your toddler----my 4 year old grandaughter had a tick on her neck recently in UK. we aren't in a TBE area so antiseptic cream etc and a careful eye for a while. Kids will always roll around no matter what!!!!

5. Re: TBE in Salzburgland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:25