We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow holiday 2015

cork
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snow holiday 2015

Hi all I'm looking for a snow chalet for New Years 2015-2016. It's my mothers 60th birthday and the whole family will be going - 15 adults and 12 kids. We're not nessesserly looking to ski more for the experience of the snow , log cabin, roaring fire etc. but we need to all be in the same area (as we will need more than one house!) and close to restaurants, shops and things to do for the kids. I would really appreciate any guidance here on what the best area to stay would be or if anyone can reccommend chalet that would be great thanks so much Elaine

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow holiday 2015

You'll need to go to a larger ski resort, such as Kitzbühel, in order to find such a large house/chalet.

If I were you, I'd write to the tourist offices in a couple of the larger resorts and ask them for contacts for such accommodations. I mean, you are talking about 27 people!

You might also consider reserving an entire "Gasthof" or Inn. Finding a nice inn with atmosphere (fireplace, etc) and about 15 rooms would be easier to accomplish, and it would be very comfortable with daily breakfast served, etc.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow holiday 2015

i suggest that you check with crystal holidays. they do catered chalets, but whether they have one of the size you need, is doubtful. you will need more rooms than some hotels have. but of course, you may be able to utilise two of their chalets?

you could also use google to search for winter chalet rentals. of course, you will also have considerable transport problems. going with someone like crystal (or topflight) would solve the transport issue.

cork
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow holiday 2015

Great thanks a million guys

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow holiday 2015

Echo the suggestion of finding a chalet run by one of the tour operators such as Crystal. I know for definite that Ski Total, Inghams and Ski World have chalets more than large enough for your group in Austria in a few different resorts, so there is choice available for you.

5. Re: Snow holiday 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 06:17