We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
50 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

Hi, we are planning a trip to Hallstatt during Christmas. Can any one tell us if it snows? As we are from Thailand and have no experience driving in snow, so we are worried if it will be slippery and dangerous. Thank you and appreciates all replies :)

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

During winter it can snow in Austria. Your car will have winter tyres and all main roads get cleared. Do not worry - you will be fine.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
50 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

Dear Salzburger67,

Thank you so much!!

3. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 14:54
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,156 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

Cherry....you have asked the same question on multiple Forums regarding visiting multiple cities in multiple countries for Christmas.....

Where do you actually want to go?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
50 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

Dear Datthecoast , thank you for your curiosity! I have no other intention, I only want advice from other fellow trip-advisor members. I am so sorry if it bothers you!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

daththecoast. I asked the same question and my post was deleted! I wonder how long yours wil stay? :D

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,509 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

Cherry it seems that one or two people have questioned your multiple posting of the same question about snow on several forums and you seem to have taken exception to this. Can I explain, as a DE, that we all give our time freely to help travellers on here, but answering the same question multiple times can be a bit annoying. In this case you are asking about snow in several forums around Central Europe. By its nature all this area can be subject to snow so if you are worried about driving in snow I would suggest you plan a holiday elsewhere or abandon the idea of a car and use the excellent public transport. Please take this as useful advice!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

norman. on the first post that I saw, I gave helpful advice but then realised the same question was being asked about different destinations, and I got pilloried for noting this! but it now appears from the response on one of the threads, the op is actually looking for a place in mid Europe, that will have NO snow in winter!

cherry, you are unlikely to find a place in mid Europe that will not have snow, but if you look for a destination in the Mediterranean area or further south, then the likelihood of snow is practically zero. I hope that this helps you!

9. Re: Does it snow in Hallstatt during Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Hallstatt