We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innsbruck to Graz

Which Graz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Innsbruck to Graz

We are travelling to austria this August. Wish to spend a day in Graz. What would be the best way to get to Graz from innsbruck? Also i need assistance with what station do i need to book from train from innsbruck and to graz.

I would be staying at Ramada Tivoli innsbruck and weitzer in Graz, is it possible to find stations near these places? or will it be one particular station in each city. [when I try to check trains in the OBB website, it gives me Innsbruck hbf as the only option and many options in the drop down list for Graz...so I'm confused. I'm quite unfamiliar with Railway procedures in European countries.]

Thanks.

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Innsbruck to Graz

Hi!

You will need at least 5 hours and 50 minutes to get from Innsbruck Hbf to Graz. Also in Graz you will have to get off at Graz Hbf (Hauptbahnhof = main rail station).

Check for train schedules on http://www.oebb.at/en/

Normally if you just enter the Name of the town or City, without choosing a specific Station, the search tool will automatically give you the most appropriate station.

From the train station in Graz you can take any citybound tramway (lines 1, 3, 6 and 7) to Südtiroler Platz/Kunsthaus. From there it takes about 3 minutes by foot to the hotel.

Find more Information on public transport in Graz on holding-graz.at/linien/busbahnbim-auskunft.h…

Best regards, Christina

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,536 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Innsbruck to Graz

ÖBB's trip planner incorporates (almost) all means of transport (long-distance trains, local trains, subways, buses, trams, ferries) in Austria allowing someone to plan a complete trip. Trains of ÖBB's competitor on the Vienna-Salzburg railway line, WESTBAHN, are also shown. The system's algorithm computes the fastest connections for a specified time. If you just want to find out how to travel between two places, just enter the cities' names. The system then takes the most logical stations. In your case the system defaults to Innsbruck Main Station (Innsbruck Hbf) and Graz Main Station (Graz Hbf).

Edited: 30 April 2014, 18:32
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Innsbruck to Graz

oh!! Thank you soooo much Christina & Mickey!! Your advice will make it so much easier for me now. :)

4. Re: Innsbruck to Graz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Graz