We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple needing advice

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Couple needing advice

Hello Travelers and advisers! We are a couple in our late 20's early 30's. We are doing a week in Switzerland, Austria and ending in Germany.

We will be departing Luzern, Switzerland and heading to Austria for a couple of days this upcoming 05 November but are unsure of where to go. We were thinking of Innsbruck but we are open to suggestions if there is a place you can think of. To give some background, we don't mind doing outdoors things, maybe a little hiking (nothing to extreme) to catch the beautiful scenery. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the beautiful Austrian culture I've heard about. We'll be arriving/traveling by train and the last couple of days of our trip ending in Munich, Germany.

We're open to suggestions in Western Austria as we don't want to waste an entire day just traveling from Switzerland to a far town/city in Austria (IE Salzburg, which I believe is like 6 1/2 hours or more train from Luzern). We're asking for your suggestions on activities and towns that would be good to say for a couple of days before continuing onto Munich. Thank you for any help you can offer!! I will greatly appreciate it.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple needing advice

Hi

I was going to suggest Seefeld which fits with your plans exactly as it's on the mainline to Munich - however, I'm not sure how much of the resort will be open at that time as it's after summer and before winter! I'm sure some of the experts will give more precise information, but maybe to base yourselves in Innsbruck to experience the charms of the city, but then if the weather is reasonable you could get the train to Seefeld (about 20 mins) and spend a day there (lake to walk around, furnicular railway up the Rossehutte mountain with either a ride or walk down).

Enjoy whatever you end up doing!

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple needing advice

I've read on the forums many good things about Seefeld. Thank you for the information about it being only 20 min train ride away. I think we will probably do what you suggested which is base ourselves out of Innsbruck and then travel from there.

If you have any suggestions on sites to see (maybe like historical or something interesting) while in Innsbruck, please let us know. We're very open minded and flexible. Seefeld will definitely be on our list of things to do!

Cheers and thank you for your advice!!

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple needing advice

Innsbruck would be a great choice. You can visit the city and the surrounding villages. Unfortunately the Hungerburgbahn which takes you up to the mountain is closed at that time, but Innsbruck has enough possibities for sightseeing.

Just take a look on the website of the tourist board: www.innsbruck.info

Some interesting small cities which are good reachable from Innsbruck are Imst and Landeck. Also the Swarovski Cristalworld in Wattens would be interesting for you.

Enjoy your trip!

Kind regards_Christina

4. Re: Couple needing advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 10:16