We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Venice

Which Klagenfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Venice

My daughter and I are staying in Klagenfurt on our way to Venice. Is there a bus that goes to Venice? Or do I have to take the train to Villach, and then take up the bus? If so, where would I catch it?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Venice

The latter – check www.oebb.at.

Edited: 18 March 2012, 21:14
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
407 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Venice

According to oebb.at/__downloads/…Intercitybus-Flyer.pdf the direct buses to Venice start from Klagenfurt, so no need to change at Villach.

Klagenfurt departure times:

Daily at 6:05, 10:10, 12:10. Additional buses at 8:10 and 14:10 on certain dates.

colorado springs,co
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Venice

Would be nice if I didn't have to change, I'll definitely check that out. Also with just 1 day in Klagenfurt, how would I go about catching a boat ride around the lake for about 4 hrs. Would I need to book in advance or just show up. We are arriving by train and our hotel is within walking distance to drop off luggage. To get to the boat dock, do I take a taxi, walk, shuttle?? This is my daughter's first trip to Europe and I thought Klagenfurt would be a nice change from Prague, Venice, and Vienna. My husband & I visited the lake dist. last year near Salzburg. Hoping this is a similar experience. Thanks

4. Re: Bus to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Klagenfurt