We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Klagenfurt to Florence

Which Klagenfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durban, South Africa
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Klagenfurt to Florence

My husband and I are doing a European trip and the hiccup in the middle of a pretty much cast in stone itinerary, is the travelling from Klagenfurt to Florence in September. Flights are out of the question, crazy prices! I was hoping to do a train trip during the day to enjoy the countryside, but I am going from one web site to another, and nothing seems to be easy or even bookable. We are not averse to bus, but train would be first prize, or a combination. Is it easier or cheaper during the week or weekends? We don't have a lot of time to play with for the trip. We are active 60 year olds, and will have our big cases with us.

Any ideas we would be most grateful.

2 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Klagenfurt to Florence

As there aren't any trains between Klagenfurt and Italy (except night train), you need to take the bus (which is operated by Austrian Railways ÖBB as a replacement for the day-time trains which ran some years ago). These buses link Klagenfurt/Villach and Venice. In any case you need to contract with Austrian Railways ÖBB (www.oebb.at/en) - at least for the cross-border part.

Durban, South Africa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Klagenfurt to Florence

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your input! Sorry so delayed!

Niki

Reply to: Travelling from Klagenfurt to Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Klagenfurt