We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Obertauern ski school for kids

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
51 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Obertauern ski school for kids

Hi Can anyone recommend a good ski school for kids. We are staying in Petersbheul hotel. ? thanks

CSA Skischule Silvia Grillitsch
Ski & Snow Tours, Sports Camps & Clinics
Obertauern Ski Resort
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Skigebiet obertauern
Ski & Snowboard Areas
Beatles Memorial
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Obertauern ski school for kids

Obertauern has numerous ski schools - 5 or 6 I think.

Probably the closest to your hote( Petersbuhel )l is Krallinger - on a corner not far from the hotel - direction Gamsleitenlift.but also not far is Top and Holle.

I believe all have a small ski train that picks up enrolled children for their ski school..

I think any of the 3 mentioned above would be OK.

Perhaps you can see their websites before arriving for more info.and also ask at the hotel . Some times they have special arrangements with a school.

Your hotel is just past the " town center " parking lot # 5 I think so easy to find things,

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
51 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Obertauern ski school for kids

great thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
221 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Obertauern ski school for kids

There is a ski school called Frau Holle which meets across the road from your hotel at the Edelweiss Hotel each morning. I have previously used this one when I have stayed at this hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Edelweiss
Hotel Edelweiss
93 Reviews
Obertauern, Austria
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Obertauern ski school for kids

My son had snowboard lessons with Frau Holle ski school and there were excellent. I had ski lessons with TOP school and was not impressed. The group was small so that was good and initially we were mostly an English speaking group so the instructor spoke English and translated to any one else who didn't. By day 2 we had lost a couple of people and the instructor spoke german and translated - no problem and I do speak a small amount of german if it is said slowly. By day 3 we had lost another couple of people - now only 3 left and me the only English so he stopped bothering to explain anything. Had us doing silly things like the four of us holding hands down the slopes and swinging each around - and when someone fell he blamed me and got quite shirty. Needless to say I didn't go back for day 4.

5. Re: Obertauern ski school for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2017, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Obertauern