We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family sized hotel room

Orange, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
family sized hotel room

Family of 5. 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 4. I know that large hotel rooms are hard to come by. In the US we usually get aroom with 2 queen(double) beds, and the 4 year old sleeps with us. Is there inything with a good central location in Vienna that would fit that bill without breaking the bank?

The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
2,094 Reviews
from US$56.30*
Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from...
1,376 Reviews
from US$58.80*
Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
87 Reviews
from US$148.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Mozart Dinner Concert Salzburg
518 Reviews
from US$78.80*
Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family sized hotel room

It would be best to post this question on the Vienna forum rather than the Salzburg one.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family sized hotel room

Whoopsie!! Meant to say Salzburg. Looking for a room that fits that description in SALZBURG. Sorry for the confusion. I have lost my mind trying to plan this trip.....

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family sized hotel room

How long will you be in Salzburg? Do you have a car? My family has stayed outside Salzburg (15 min by car) in a lovely apt.. In fact, my parents have become friends with the owners, and now they visit us! www.vacationinsalzburg.com. Luisa used to be a tour guide in Salzburg, so she is very knowledgable about the area for tourists. The miniumum rental period varies with the time of the year.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
48 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family sized hotel room

We stayed in the Wolf Dietrich and were 3 adults. We were in the Residenz building across from the main hotel. There were essentially two beds pushed together to make a king and a twin off in the corner. When watching t.v. the three of us girls fit in the main bed comfortably, so you may be able to fit one adult and three kids in it and have another adult sleep in the twin, or maybe squeeze the two smaller kids into the twin.

Good luck with the search as I know big European rooms are hard to come by!

5. Re: family sized hotel room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 17:20