We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

salzburg for a day

India
Level Contributor
221 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
salzburg for a day

Hi,

We are planning to make a day trip to salzburg from grundslee..shd be arriving in salzburgcirca 10.am planning for a day trip..have read the posts on this forum..glad if i can get recommendations on the following:

(1) we are driving down from grundslee: whats the best place for a car park? any benefits from salzburg card for parking?

(2) wd b taking the SOM tour and keen to do it solo rather than a paid tour given advice on this forum..one of you has very kindly given a detailed guide. How much time shd one budget for the tour? (w skip far off places) Is much of the travel on foot? resume w salzburg card travel shd not b an issue

(3) assuming we have some post lunch time free, what are the views/priorities on the following (and time reqd)

- trick fountaion/hellbrun: (max 1.15 hr incl to-fro?)

- fortress brief visit (max 2 hrs)

- mozart residence (brief visit - 0.5 hrs)

do u think one can do all three - fortress wd primarily be for the views - we have sen even forts in england (unless u recommend this one to b extraordinary)

am I missing out anything (I guess residency, cemetry) which shd have higher priority?

any veg/indian restaurant along the itineraray?

Thanks again for yr time and advice..its great to have a forum such as this

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: salzburg for a day

I recommend the Mozart Wohnhaus (residence) rather than the Geburtsplatz (birthplace) if you are pressed for time. The Wohnhaus has an excellent audio guide and lots of interesting stuff to look at. I would suggest at least an hour and perhaps more. As you say, there are forts in many places but for me Salzburg is all about Mozart.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,500 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: salzburg for a day

That's a good idea! Salzburg is much better than Vienna in terms of feasibility and sustainability. If you think you missed something in Salzburg, you can go back the next day and combine it with one of the worthwhile places along. By the way, what are your intentions in the area of Grundlsee and Salzkammergut?

India
Level Contributor
221 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: salzburg for a day

wd welcome suggestions for grundslee in and around..was generally thinking of lazing around but wd love if there are any specific suggestions..especially if we decide that vienna is difficult

4. Re: salzburg for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 06:16