We are planning to make a day trip to salzburg from grundslee..shd be arriving in salzburgcirca 10.am planning for a day trip..have read the posts on this forum..glad if i can get recommendations on the following:
(1) we are driving down from grundslee: whats the best place for a car park? any benefits from salzburg card for parking?
(2) wd b taking the SOM tour and keen to do it solo rather than a paid tour given advice on this forum..one of you has very kindly given a detailed guide. How much time shd one budget for the tour? (w skip far off places) Is much of the travel on foot? resume w salzburg card travel shd not b an issue
(3) assuming we have some post lunch time free, what are the views/priorities on the following (and time reqd)
- trick fountaion/hellbrun: (max 1.15 hr incl to-fro?)
- fortress brief visit (max 2 hrs)
- mozart residence (brief visit - 0.5 hrs)
do u think one can do all three - fortress wd primarily be for the views - we have sen even forts in england (unless u recommend this one to b extraordinary)
am I missing out anything (I guess residency, cemetry) which shd have higher priority?
any veg/indian restaurant along the itineraray?
Thanks again for yr time and advice..its great to have a forum such as this