We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B in Salzburg- help!

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
B&B in Salzburg- help!

Hi,

My husband are taking our honeymoon by combining a trip to visit family in Germany and Austria with a trip to Italy and locations such as Munich and Salzburg on our own (not visiting family). Haus Reichl, Bloberger Hof, and Haus am Moos all look great. The first and last I mentioned are about the same price, and the middle one is more expensive. Thoughts? We are in our early 30s, and without a car, but willing to take busses. Is one in a better location/ more romantic/ better owners than the others??

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

All 3 you mention are in the same general area in the southern out area of Salzburg.

The Blobergerhof is most south- more expensive as it is more like a 3 star hotel with restaurant.

Haus am Moos and Haus Reichl are both bed and breakfast.

Haus Reichl is just off Moosstrasse on a small lane - a little smaller perhaps than Ammos.

Both will just serve breakfast - no restaurant but some are in the area.

Both need the bus to the city center - but to me this is a nice relatively short ride - they are within one bus stop of each other perhaps , so location is similar . Owners at both will be helpful and friendly.

I would give a slight edge to the Haus am Moos, but either would be a nice choice and good value in my opinion.

mystic,quebec
Level Contributor
132 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

Blobergerhof is number 1 rated on tripadvisor. Read the reviews they are pretty good and it is your Honeymoon so a few dollars more should not be the deciding factor.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

For a good place, close to the City Centre, check this one out: I 've stayed there many times.

http://members.aon.at/freisaal/

Salzburg
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

A nice place ot stay, a B& B on the Moosstrasse with a bus stop at the door, is Haus Ballwein - www.haus-ballwein.at - You can even rent a small 2 room suite with a kitchen corner and balcony - The prices are moderate about 30 Euros per person. Exceptional accommodation with Austrian Farmers breakfast. ANother place nearer to the city is Villa Verde - www.villaverde-salzburg.at - a little more expensive but with a bus stop nearby and only 10 minutes walking distance from the centre. Modern, new and the owners are really nice in an exclusive residential area of the city, near Leopoldskron. If you want something really romantic and cost is not a factor the Schloss Leopoldskron has a small 20 room hotel and you are really close to the city.

Enjoy your honeymoon

Salzburg
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

A nice place ot stay, a B& B on the Moosstrasse with a bus stop at the door, is Haus Ballwein - www.haus-ballwein.at - You can even rent a small 2 room suite with a kitchen corner and balcony - The prices are moderate about 30 Euros per person. Exceptional accommodation with Austrian Farmers breakfast. ANother place nearer to the city is Villa Verde - www.villaverde-salzburg.at - a little more expensive but with a bus stop nearby and only 10 minutes walking distance from the centre. Modern, new and the owners are really nice in an exclusive residential area of the city, near Leopoldskron. If you want something really romantic and cost is not a factor the Schloss Leopoldskron has a small 20 room hotel and you are really close to the city.

Enjoy your honeymoon

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

Thank you to everyone! I actually decided to do a priceline bidding, and was able to get the NH Hotel in Salzbug for only 60 USD per night, which is fantastic! I do appreciate all of your help, however.

7. Re: B&B in Salzburg- help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:18