We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airfare deal to Salzburg?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Best airfare deal to Salzburg?

I am going to Salzburg with my family in July for ten days and my dates are somewhat flexible (must be July). The fares from Los Angeles are super high. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the best rate? For example, fly to Munich and take a train to Salzburg? or just make the best of it and realize that's what it costs that time of the year? Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airfare deal to Salzburg?

Probably much better to fly to Munich- numerous international flights and with more competition most likely better fares. If traveling from the US - direct flights there too.

Munich is less than 2 hours by train to Salzburg .

A train station is located in the lower level of the airport and with 1 change you get to Salzburg.

Look to buy the Bayern ticket - good bargain

for 2- 5 people traveling together for 28 euro.

Some restrictions apply - must travel after 9 AM weekdays and regional trainds but this easily done and with the great price a good way to go.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
La Canada...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airfare deal to Salzburg?

In the summer, Air Berlin has nonstop flights LAX to Dusseldorf on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, with connections to other cities, and returns on the same days of the week. You can buy a through ticket to Munich, and it's probably a little cheaper than the legacy airlines:

www.airberlin.com/site/start.php?LANG=eng

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
La Canada...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airfare deal to Salzburg?

I see that you can connect directly to Salzburg on Air Berlin.

4. Re: Best airfare deal to Salzburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 07:17