We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Weisse Taube

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Weisse Taube

I often recommend this hotel because of its great location but I've just been reading some recent reviews and the praise is really high, especially for the helpfulness of the staff. See these reviews:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g190441-d235…

For anyone going to this year's Christmas markets it's an ideal location in the heart of the old town but in a quieter street.

The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
2,079 reviews
from US$56.30*
Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from...
1,368 reviews
from US$58.80*
Day Trip to Salzburg from Vienna
86 reviews
from US$149.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Mozart Dinner Concert Salzburg
512 reviews
from US$78.90*
Casuarina
Level Contributor
354 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

Thanks Liz,

I have often wondered why it is listed under B&B/Inns and not under the hotel section on TA.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

I've stayed there twice now, I agree LIz, places like this deserve to succeed because they go the extra mile. Wonderful breakfast produced to order, they actually pester you to have more if you want and nothings too much trouble, extra egg, how do you want it done, extra salami etc. Nicer than a normal buffet.

The location is as A1 as you can get IMO, quiet yet in atmospheric old town, below the fort. 5min walk to the train up, bars and restaurants around the corner.

I'm a 'driver' as often tour and the only negative is car parking is a 15 min walk away but it's worth the hassle - you also get a hotel discount voucher.

Lovely place for a 3*, some windows look out and up to the fort. I'd recommend it.

Stoofer.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

Totally agree.

We always use for the odd night before flying home.

Great staff & location

Morton Grove...
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

I was so pleased to see this! We just booked this place for our first visit to Salzburg in February, based on a recommendation from a friend who stayed there and loved it. Good to hear such positive feedback!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
117 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

Hm...I looked into this place for an upcoming trip early in 2011. The rates quoted on the website are broken down by high season and low season. My trip is in low season, yet they quoted me high season rates. I tried to clarify with them and did not get a satisfactory answer. Maybe it's a great place, but I found their communication to be lacking. We're going with another option based on that.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

I think you need to view the prices regardless of what seasonal rate, if they are too expensive then look elsewhere but at similar rates WeissTaube is pretty much a guarantee of satisfaction for a 3*.

If their prices are getting towards more swanky hotels it's a shame.

Stoofer

7. Re: Hotel Weisse Taube

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2011, 05:18